Two of my all-time favorite breakfasts are oat bran and smoothies. One would think that these two morning meals are on opposite ends of the spectrum—one fruity and icy, the other warm and starchy—but thanks to a little inspiration from Katie, I’ve managed to fuse them into a single breakfast—Banana-Coconut Breakfast Pudding.
I first posted this recipe about three years ago, but since then I’ve made several improvements to the recipe, so I thought it was time for an update. Plus, with this heat wave sweeping the country, I thought you all might appreciate a cool and refreshing breakfast treat
Banana-Coconut Breakfast Pudding
(inspired by Katie’s Banana Bread in a Bowl)
- 1 cup Kashi GoLean cereal
- 1 small frozen banana, broken into chunks
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (plus more for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients except coconut butter in a blender. Process until well-combined.
2. Pour into serving bowl and top with additional cinnamon and coconut butter, if using.
Nutrition per entire recipe: 378 Calories, 14.1g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 61.3g carbohydrate, 19.8g sugars, 16.1g protein
If you’re looking for another coconutty recipe to try, check out my guest post on Melissa’s blog!
Filed under: Recipe