So how are those New Year’s resolutions going? I’ve made some good progress on my list of goals…but then again, we’re only six days in!
As you may recall, one of my resolutions is to get back to clean eating, and I decided that following a meal plan from the Eat Clean Diet would be a good way to re-set my eating habits. While I didn’t follow the meal plan bite-by-bite (I had to make a few substitutions for things like beef and pork), I think I succeeded in eliminating unnecessary snacking and focusing on fruits and veggies.
So here’s what the week’s meals looked like:
- red pepper frittata with whole wheat toast
- tuna salad wrap with carrots, apple, + greek yogurt
- Asian noodle bowl with soba, assorted veggies, + peanuts
- whole grain pancakes with apple + greek yogurt
- chopped salad with assorted veggies, avocado, hard-boiled eggs, + hummus
- lentil sloppy joes on whole grain bun with steamed broccoli
- whole wheat english muffin with almond butter and blackberries
- leftover sloppy lentils with baked sweet potato and garden salad
- baked salmon with asparagus and brown rice
- cream of wheat with blackberries, flax, and sunflower butter
- salad with cucumber, radishes, herbed cottage cheese, and almonds
- mahi mahi burger with beets + carrots
- strawberry-kiwi smoothie with almonds + flax
- toast with smoked salmon, cream cheese, cucumber, + onion
- chickpea burgers with salad + oven fries
- oat bran with apple, flax, + wheat germ and scrambled egg whites
As you can see, that’s a lot of food—eating clean does not mean eating tiny portions!
How are you doing on your resolutions? What has been your favorite meal thus far in 2013?
Filed under: Meals