So, in case you didn’t know, Thursday is Valentine’s Day. Seth and I have never really placed much emphasis on this holiday, mostly because I’ve had midterms on February 14th for the past three years. Professors are just so thoughtful that way.
Now that I’m no longer a student and have time to celebrate, I felt like I should add a little Valentine’s Day spirit to the house. I happened to see this segment on the Today Show this morning, and it seemed like a project that even I, the remedial crafter, could handle.
- glass vase (clean and dry)
- small jar to fit inside vase (also clean and dry)
- Valentine’s candy (amount will vary according to the size of vase)
- fresh flowers
1. Pour a small amount of water into the small jar. Then place the small jar inside the vase. Depending on the height of the jar and the flowers you’re using, you might want to add some candy at the bottom of the vase before you place the jar inside the vase. I ended up doing that after the picture was taken. Hey, I told you I was a remedial crafter.
2. Start placing candy around the jar. Be careful not to let candy land in the jar of water (trust me, it’s a pain to get them out).
3. Once you’ve surrounded the jar with candy, place the flowers in the jar. That’s it.
How do you feel about Valentine’s Day? Love it or hate it? I’m somewhere in between, I think. I always like an excuse to eat a little chocolate, but Valentine’s Day has never been of much importance to me.