Although the original Waldorf salad featured only apples, celery, and mayonnaise, I have adjusted the recipe to feature my favorite flavors. It’s one of those dishes I can prepare at almost any time, because I keep a constant stock of all the ingredients— making for a light and easy lunch.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large apple of any sweet type (e.g., Gala, Fuji, or Honeycrisp), diced
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries or raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 cups mixed greens
1. In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, and lemon juice into a thin paste. Add apple, cranberries, and walnuts to the bowl and stir to coat with dressing.
2. Transfer mixture to a bed of mixed greens on the serving plate. Enjoy with your favorite whole grain crackers or fresh roll.
Nutrition per entire recipe: 257 Calories, 11.9g fat, 3mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 37.6g carbohydrate, 7.6g fiber, 26.2g sugars, 5.1g protein
Filed under: Recipe